Oakland Community College
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Oakland Community College is located in Oakland County, Michigan, we are a student centered community dedicated to providing quality learning opportunities for individuals, the community or organizations on a accessible, affordable basis. OCC is actively seeking a Dental Hygiene Instructor who values diversity, shared responsibility, open communication, personal empowerment, integrity and ethical commitment.
Dental Hygiene Faculty are responsible to prepare students to work in a field of Dentistry. Faculty duties include classroom instruction, assessment, curriculum development, professional inquiry, committee work and engaging with instructional technology. Teaching assignments may include various delivery modes, such as face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and/or blended formats during days and evenings.
This full-time position will begin in mid-August 2023.
$60,016 ~ $68,105 Starting Base Salary ($60,016 ~ $108,303 full salary range).
- Instruction of a minimum of 30 credits in Dental Hygiene courses per academic year, distributed over 2-3 semesters.
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to serve students.
- Maintains relevant and up-to-date expertise in the discipline.
- Participation in departmental responsibilities, including adjunct hiring and evaluation, scheduling, and long-range academic planning.
- Participation in discipline activities, including curriculum assessment, course redesign and development.
- Participation in college governance and academic committees.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Dental Hygiene or related field OR bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene working toward a master’s degree
- Five years of Dental Hygiene Clinical experience as a Registered Dental Hygienist
- Current Michigan license as a Registered Dental Hygienist and certification in Local Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen sedation
- Experience with multicultural students and staff preferred
- Ability to work as a team player in a multicultural working environment
For consideration, all applicants must complete and submit an online application accompanied by:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- List of three references with contact information
- Copies of transcripts for all conferred degrees
NOTE: All information requested must be submitted to evaluate your qualifications. Transcripts must show required degrees were conferred prior to the closing date of the job posting. Failure to submit all required documentation will eliminate an applicant from further consideration.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :